Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:24am - Apr 11,05 
Got out with PondProwler and Miss Pond, Saturday afternoon.
We jigged eyes for the first hour. Marked em, but no go. We focused on a drop from really skinny water, 7' was holding fish and bait. Bottom bouncers and floating raps were pulled around some, as well. Pulled the plug on that and searched for crappies.
In years past crappie hold tight in channels. If you're not right on top of the fish you won't get bit. Our normal overhang had been trimmed back and our natural shoreline had been tampered with. Bummer!
We trolled back deeper and I started seeing silhoettes under the surface. Score? They won't move for my jig, but did when I pushed one with my rod tip.
I was trying something new, 9' fly rod, spinning reel with 4# high vis gold and white grub. Eh...Sensitivity wasn't the greatest and I lost all my fish.
Pondo hooked up with a few and might have pics to post when he gets back from turkey hunting. Fatheads on a red Gama, 16" under a float, depth was key.

On our way out, we bumped into JD. He was on a early evening crappie hunt as well. Nice to meet you J, hope you got a few to kiss your thumb.

John

Last edited by Esox Tracker on 12:06pm - Apr 11,05, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:00pm - Apr 11,05 
I tried the same combo on sunday as well and had similiar luck with the eyes, but did ok on the crappie. They were hitting a small white grub with a chartreuse head and red hook tipped with a waxie or small red worm. It was a little windy so they were tough to find but I started in about 8-9ft of water and slowly followed them in to the typical shallows. They are not yet in thier prespawn beds, but there are some to be had. We caught about 20 between the two of us.

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 11:39pm - Apr 11,05 
Essox, We gave up fairly early on the crappie and hit Marie and the Pistakee bridge. Nothing but a big pep

Got some nice white bass on the river sunday. :) I needed that after a no fish saturday. Will be out this weekend, Maybe we can hook up. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:14am - Apr 12,05 
Good job on the whites.
Did you see any crappies around that one pier?
I'll be on a Ski Hunt Saturday, Catherine-Mistakee and all points inbetween. Maybe eyes sometime as well.

John

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:53pm - Apr 12,05 
No John, Couldn't see any. The sun was starting to hit that angle that makes the water look dark. :roll:

Gonna get back out this Saturday too. Not sure yet if it will be the river or the lakes. :hmmmm

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: