Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Jul 14,10 
Hey guys I am going with a group of people in mid August on a canoe trip on the Wisconsin River. We are starting at Muscoda and ending at Boscobel. I will be taking a telescopic pole with me and trying for some fish. If anyone has any info at all on this area please contact me. I have no idea what type of fishing is had to be done there. Thought about taking some twisters etc. for bass. Even if your info doesn't pertain to fishing and you have info on this trip please let me know. I am going into this kinda blind.

Thanks so much in advance!

Beav

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Jul 14,10 
Never fished that far downstream, but have fished below the lk. wisc. dam and you can catch almost anything that swims there. Muskie,pike,spoonbills,sturgeon white bass, cats, LM & SM bass,walleye, gar,carp you name it they're in the river. This time of year you might try topwater for smallies or crawlers for anything that swims. Good Luck!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Jul 14,10 
Hey Beav,
My family is originally from the area. There is good fishing all along the route!! There is a county camp ground in Muscoda right on the river that operates on the honor system " you put your daily camping fee in an envelope and drop into a collection box". Small mouth bass are common in the area, along with channel cats, and numerous other species. deffinatly bring some twisters along with some body baits, and you can pick up some night crawlers at the local bait shop. depending on the current water levels, there is numerous sand bars, back water channels, and eddys that hold fish. You should have a fun time, just respect the river!! There are very strong under currents on the Wisconsin.

Good luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:14pm - Jul 14,10 
Thanks guys. I will for sure put your advice to good use.

Beav

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:11pm - Jul 14,10 
I used to do canoe trips with my college buddies in the 90s. We would basically canoe till about lunch time find a sand bar play volleyball/wiffleball and have a barbecue. Then canoe the rest of the day until we found another sand bar and set up camp and basically relaxed with a cold one(s) and some BBQ again. I never fished those canoe trips but i am sure if try you should catch something. Those were memorable times! Enjoy your trip! :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20am - Jul 15,10 
Thanks Valleye I am looking forward to it! I will let you know how it goes.

Beav

Board index » The Tackle Box » Kayak & Canoes - Fishing with Stealth
Jump to: