Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:52am - Mar 26,10 
If i am planning on launching my kayak at Waukegan harbor do i need to purchase a launch pass or is there somewhere else to put it in?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:21pm - Mar 26,10 
Interesting question, I don't know. You could probably launch off the beach until they open up for the season. I was talking with the Harbor Master the other day about ideas to improve the area and attract more patrons. One idea was to fix up - clean up the small beach area south of the ramps for use as a kayak - canoe launch and an area for pwc to tie up. How many places do you have to launch? Do you think allot of people would use the area if it was set up?

It's all about the fun! If you can't laugh at yourself, we'll do it for you.
Big Rods Fishing Team & Tacklebusters

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:13pm - Mar 26,10 
Don't see why you can't just put it in at the little beach right by the launches. Your not using the launch to launch. It's a car top -

Let me know if you need a hand then maybe you can help me carry my Lund to the beach to launch too- :crazy

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:29pm - Mar 26,10 
Bubbalouie wrote:
Don't see why you can't just put it in at the little beach right by the launches. Your not using the launch to launch. It's a car top -

Let me know if you need a hand then maybe you can help me carry my Lund to the beach to launch too- :crazy

If you can get you're Lund on top of your car and to the beach, Ill help you carry it to the water! :bigyuck

It's all about the fun! If you can't laugh at yourself, we'll do it for you.
Big Rods Fishing Team & Tacklebusters

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:50pm - Mar 27,10 
rodm wrote:
Bubbalouie wrote:

If you can get you're Lund on top of your car and to the beach, Ill help you carry it to the water! :bigyuck

Well Rod, I am contemplating using a "pier lift" in my drive way - that way I can just hoist the boat on and off the truck and leave it there for storage when not in use. Then I could drive it down to the launch......and you can give me a hand........

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:47pm - Mar 28,10 
Rod I think that would be a great idea. That little beach is such a mess. Bubbalouie, you bring the Lund on top of your car and i'll be there to help you put it in! Thanks to both of you for your input.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Kayak & Canoes - Fishing with Stealth
Jump to: