Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56pm - Jul 26,17 

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - Sep 9,17 
Awsove video. Have a couple of questions. Where are you launching your kayak from? I have an out back and usually take it up north. Also what weights are you using to get your lines deep? I have been toying with the idea of getting a small downrigger setup.

Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:33pm - May 3,18 
are the knots coming undone, or are the breaking the 15 lb leader? That seems a little light.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40pm - May 9,18 
nbm142ta wrote:
Awsove video. Have a couple of questions. Where are you launching your kayak from? I have an out back and usually take it up north. Also what weights are you using to get your lines deep? I have been toying with the idea of getting a small downrigger setup.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay...haven’t been on in a long time. Life got busy. I have a trailer so I launch in any harbors marina just like any boat would. You don’t need riggers either. Call Lake Michigan Angler and ask for Rob and tell him I said to hook you up with Torpeedo divers. They’ll change your life!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:42pm - May 9,18 
grady1007 wrote:
are the knots coming undone, or are the breaking the 15 lb leader? That seems a little light.

It was bad knots I’m 100% sure. The 15lb line may sound light and on a boat it absolutely is but being on a kayak it’s not at all. The kayak acts like drag when the fish pulls so we can get away with going with much lighter gear than what you would in a boat. That is why I LOVE salmon fishing from the yak. It’s a true battle on the water

Profile WWW  

Board index » The Tackle Box » Kayak & Canoes - Fishing with Stealth
Jump to: