Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:49pm - May 28,13 
Made a trip to North point fished on the follow me with Mom and Dad then just hung out on the boat and visited with friends. Jim N and crew on the Grey Lion, always fun hanging out with those guys and Jim S and Max on the Jawson and the new boat they are dialing in. Saturday Morning fished for 6 hours did a little running around looking for kings started at the North reef and saw a few nice fish near the bottom again but nothing other than Coho for me, a few guys have been catching some nice kings in the area but only one or two per trip. Lots of Coho so while fishing got a report they where catching kings up north, so off to that area. We ended up getting one king off the hill in 100 fow on a dipsy 150 out with a white spin doc, white green home made fly and one small Laker. Called the gladiator up to the area he got a couple nice kings and a Laker. There seem to fish everywhere between 100 and 200 fow but no concentrations of kings yet mostly Coho. Had a friend go up to the same area the next day and nothing but Coho and another friend fished the north reef who ended up with a king in the 20 pound range and a steelhead. Overall the fishing is great for numbers of fish between Waukegan and Racine but mostly Coho. 100 -200 range seems to best and the fish seem to be spread in 20-50 down and 80-120 down range with a few on top. Once again the Coho seem to eat anything so anytime we would catch one we would take that bait off and try something else.

Bob and Doll on the Reel Doll got the boat in the water and are sticking around until the Salmon a Rama then moving up to Sheboygan area. They where flying a Detroit Red wings flag this weekend. I told him to take it off before his antenna mysteriously breaks. When he was leaving the boat Monday he finally took it down. I Made it home to see the Hawks beat up the Red Wings Monday. Can you believe the nerve of those Red Wing fans. I should hang a dead squid from his antenna if the Hawks loose the series so I never have to see that flag again..

As a side note I caught a 3 inch King on a kastmaster fishing off the docks funny thought they do not plant kings in the harbor and at three inches I think it was smaller than the ones they do plant must of been a natural I did not see a fin clip.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:23pm - May 28,13 
Thanks for sharing a very enjoyable weekend Kevin. Lots of comaraderie hanging around the boats. I wonder if that small king was really an heir-- a young Prince? It would be remarkable if it was a natural since it was found on this side of the lake. :gpost

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:26am - May 29,13 
it was nice chatting with you on the radio Kevin. Like you stated, the fish were very thick in deep water. We saw marks down 160 in 180fow so John dropped the rigger down and boated a fat Coho from that deep.

As for your Red Wings comments, you all had better have a hanky near by after tonight's game...

:allah Red Wings...

:topic

US Army Retired
Disabled Veteran

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:27am - May 29,13 
It sure was a nice weekend Kevin. Not only the weather, calm lake, and plenty of fish, but also the top notch crowd you had the pleasure to hang with. Nice!

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:33am - May 29,13 
Go Hawks! That was just Bob hanging out his dirty laundry. :) I thought I smelled something? heh, heh

Captain Jim Nelligan

President - Salmon Unlimited of Illinois

Twitter @SUIllinois

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:23am - May 29,13 
Jim--you noticed the odor also. I thought it may have been the Michigander running around the harbor. :lol: Then again Bobs large Red Wings Bloomers hanging from the Reel Doll Could have been the source.
Those Michigan Red Wing fans need to stop rolling around in octopus juice or stay on the other side of the lake. :winker
GO HAWKS!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:09pm - May 29,13 
Be careful boys...

I will have a BIG Winged Wheel painted on the sides of that Cabo this winter while it is in dry storage... It is stored in Michigan ya know...

And that Greylion dude will be watching his last game this evening while I will have several more to watch this season...

And to think they call me a WING NUT...

You all are nuttier than I if you think those blackbirds have a chance in hell tonight...

LGRW

US Army Retired
Disabled Veteran

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:59am - May 30,13 
Michigander wrote:

You all are nuttier than I if you think those blackbirds have a chance in hell tonight...

LGRW

:drink :drink :drink :drink

See ya Saturday Bob!

Green Machine

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:13am - May 30,13 
Great series, an Original Six classic. I'm going to miss the Wings being in the Hawks division.

Go Hawks! Beat the Queens!

Captain Jim Nelligan

Twitter @SUIllinois

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:15am - May 30,13 
Michigander wrote:
Be careful boys...

I will have a BIG Winged Wheel painted on the sides of that Cabo this winter while it is in dry storage... It is stored in Michigan ya know...

And that Greylion dude will be watching his last game this evening while I will have several more to watch this season...

And to think they call me a WING NUT...

LGRW

You can use Reel Doll's flag as a crying towel. LOL :)

Captain Jim Nelligan

Twitter @SUIllinois

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:59am - May 30,13 
Great Series, :respect Those Wings put up an awesome effort :respect but the Blackhawks beat them twice last night. I do not have to see that wing nuts flag anymore and I can save my hanke for when they take home the cup. See you guys in Racine this weekend. I will buy you wing nuts a beer try not to cry in it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - May 30,13 
The Wings flag and jersey have been carefully put away until next season. However, the Michigan Block M flag will be displayed until Doll gets her hands on a Packer Flag.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:08pm - May 30,13 
Reel Doll Fishing Team wrote:
The Wings flag and jersey have been carefully put away until next season. However, the Michigan Block M flag will be displayed until Doll gets her hands on a Packer Flag.

My wife's giving me a paint gun for father's day, so now I know where I can get in some target practice. I hear you can buy packer flags at clowns r us. :)

Captain Jim Nelligan

Twitter @SUIllinois

Profile WWW  

Board index » Clubs Forums » Salmon Unlimited Inc. Club Forum
Jump to: