Author
Search for:
Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 07:06pm - Sep 18,10 
I hear the Bull Gills are being caught, first time there for me, and its only a couple hours from the house.
Hope to make you proud Any Luc....

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:49pm - Sep 18,10 
You lucky man.
Have a fine day and don't forget the camera.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Sep 19,10 
Jay, hope you hook up with some "Southern Girls" :winker

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 09:33am - Sep 19,10 
Stick a pig Jay, lookin' forward to your report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:53am - Sep 19,10 
Jay,
SHow us those Sunshine State SLABS! Good luck and I am sure
you will tangle with one or two Monster Bass as well!

:allah

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 01:59pm - Sep 19,10 
Welllllll, I have to say I was disappointed from the get go...
Arrived at what I thought would be a killer place to get info, bait etc. etc.. Roland Martins Marina in Clewiston.... Ya figure with a guy like that owning the place it would have been superb....

No bait sales, no information available, the place was like a ghost town.. I had expected something similar to a Gander Mountain, or Bass Pro, Cabelas, something over the top.... NOT!!!! Could have bought plenty of t shirts had that been what I wanted, the has one lonely fish tank in the center with a Bass of maybe 4 pounds in it.. BFD!!!!
Asked the lady behind the counter, where to go, what to do etc. etc.... Im sorry I just dont know....WTF is that carp????
I left pissed, traveled down the road to a mom & pop shop, great people, told me all I needed to know, problem was that the lake is rather low, so shore fishing access is pretty limited...
We found a spot on the Rim Canal, we were using Crickets for bait...100 for 3 bucks, not bad...
Tossed in several times and finally hooked up, small maybe 8 inch fish, then we caught a few Myan Ciclids, about the same size....
Moved down the canal some and basically the same thing, move several more times and maybe caught 40 fish total, nothing worth taking a picture of....
I was told that I need to come back in the winter as the Crappie fishing can be killer....

Mr. Luc, maybe I need you to come down and show me the ropes, or maybe next time I will have to get in a boat... :crazy

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:53pm - Sep 19,10 
Well, at least you didn't catch one of those Black things with the white stripe down it's back.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 04:49pm - Sep 19,10 
Quote:
Mr. Luc, maybe I need you to come down and show me the ropes, or maybe next time I will have to get in a boat...

My sister and her family lived in Clewiston for a number of years and operated their rescue and underwater vessel repair business out of Roland Martin's Marina. They thrived on low lake level conditions. She has told many a story to me about the Martins and that place of theirs.
I have fished the rim canal for sunnies a couple times. Caught some longears in the canal.
Fishing the hyacinths with shiners under a balloon for you-know-whats is a kick.
Let's just keep that little tidbit between you and I though Jay and please don't ever tell anyone that I said so.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:47pm - Sep 19,10 
Quote:
I had expected something similar to a Gander Mountain, or Bass Pro, Cabelas, something over the top

I had the same dream and the same experience. I found a small mom and pop joint down the street that was very helpful.

Profile WWW  

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 07:02pm - Sep 19,10 
At least you finally got to give it a shot, now you know. I'll bet if Jimmy Houston ownend that marina, you would of been in business. :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:48am - Sep 20,10 
Good to know Jay, in my limited time down their in June in wished in the back of my head I had time to get over. I would left equally annoyed.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: