Author
Search for:
Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Apr 2,10 
I can't give you much of a fishing report after being beat to death by that wind and having the blow completely run down both front and rear electric motor batteries over six hours but I figure someone would like to know the water temps.
I fished a large stained lake and the surface temp was 53 degrees.
Fished a small stained lake and the surface temp was 56 degrees.
Crappies were schooled over deep water on the large lake but didn't bite well.
Turtles were doing the nasty all over Turtle Pond and once again this gem of a pit gave up some fatties.

oops.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20pm - Apr 2,10 
NICE! We arrived safely in California this morning. I wonder what kind of Hootchie Mommas reside around here.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:45pm - Apr 2,10 
jonniefishalot wrote:
NICE! We arrived safely in California this morning. I wonder what kind of Hootchie Mommas reside around here.

You mean you did not read your "In-fisherman" this month? Some might good ones come from that shaky state.

Mr.Luc were you pulling your spinners for the specs? Did the slow approach also go untouched?

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:57pm - Apr 2,10 
For the crappies on the large lake I controlled the drift well by using the sock and both motors in tandem as needed and I could keep it at a creep when gong through the schools but I noticed the water is amber in color and that has been a bad sign in the past. The few black crappie that I caught were also stained with that amber cast.
When I relocated to the bluegill lake the wind had all the control. The lake is narrow and the phragmites made for a tunneling affect. When fishing this lake, which is very shallow, we cast jigs at the base of the flooded stalks.
What a trip that was casting through the gusts but it worked for a few nice fish as usual.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:11pm - Apr 2,10 
Any Luc wrote:
When I relocated to the bluegill lake the wind had all the control. The lake is narrow and the phragmites made for a tunneling affect. When fishing this lake, which is very shallow, we cast jigs at the base of the flooded stalks.
What a trip that was casting through the gusts but it worked for a few nice fish as usual.

20' cane pole...........and what joy that tug would bring, along with memories of your youth. wsj's grandma caught many mighty game fish on that fiberglass expanding stick while fishing gills. A musky even made her give the pole to grandpa as he almost fell out of the boat laughing at her fear of the creature.

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 03:18am - Apr 3,10 
Thanks for the report! The water temp is good info.

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 10:59am - Apr 3,10 
Very cool, Buddy! While on that skinny shallow lake, Did you happen to locate that bigmouth bass I lost, while looking up at the sky, to locate where all that noise was coming from? :(

Support Staff

Post Posted: 04:19pm - Apr 3,10 
I had the thought to call and ask you to join me for the shake down cruise but then had second thoughts, believing it best to go it alone.
Funny you ask about the bass.
When I came off of the North unit lake, there were two bass fishermen in a boat that had pulled out just ahead of me. Shortly after I dumped in on Turtle, here comes those same two anglers.
When my batteries took to getting week, I motored past the two and as I go by, they ask how I had done and I say that I caught a few nice gills and a bass.
I ask how their bass fishing was going and they tell me they hadn't caught a bass all day.
They were tossing jig and pigs and I could see that they were using blue.
Hmm, seems like the right presentation for the water temps, right?
They also said they knew about what kind of bass that little gem holds.
I tell ya;
I don't know what's in that water that makes it so special but every time I'm on it and those turtles are out, they're screwing one another.
I think next time I'll bring a little bottle of that water home with me.

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 04:51pm - Apr 3,10 
Any Luc wrote:
They were tossing jig and pigs and I could see that they were using blue.
Hmm, seems like the right presentation for the water temps, right?

I would think so. Especially with all those nice little pockets in the cattails. An 1/8 or 3/16 oz jig in the color you mentioned, or green pumpkin, would be my choice. Tipped with a G. Yamamota creature of some sort. Possibly a tube also. I would think would get it done? :dono

Any Luc wrote:
I think next time I'll bring a little bottle of that water home with me.

:shock: ...... :lol: Don't even want to know.

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: