Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Jul 7,18 
Oh boy.............those alpha males are hungry after they completed (hopefully successful) next generation of beauties.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:43pm - Jul 8,18 
You can't just leave us hanging like that, can you Bill? No pictures? :bigcry

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:59pm - Jul 8,18 
At least tell us you fried up a few of those tasty specimens ;)

Support Staff

Post Posted: 05:48pm - Jul 8,18 
Cat got your tongue?
Did you drop your camera overboard?
Where is the tale?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:04pm - Jul 8,18 
Well now our friend wsj who is supposed to be a prepared fisherman after all the years invested into the sport, seems he made some basic mistakes upon the quick trip. Yep in the haste to get out grabbed the worm container that is always in the fridge and headed out without opening the container. Drove past Angelo's bait with the thought of some nice red-worms wiggling there magic in the container to entice the fish as in previous trips. But to find out that would NOT be the case today.

Only had a few hours to enjoy which is why the rush to get out, but once on the water and ready to wet a line that worm container was fetched from the cooler only to find some sort of white mold growing and not a worm in sight. Could not even find the trace of a half decayed one whilst digging the container of mud.

Well worse things have happened so it was going to be all plastic day. On the ice they work well should be the same for some soft water fun. Grabbed the plastic box and peered inside for what seemed like long time before deciding on the correct bait that the fish might be in search of. Gulp smelt was then impaled on the jig and lowered below. Few fish came to hand but to much time in between them that the thought of changing bait was high in mind.

That gulp stuff is good, and after review it was decided that the jig head might be to big to work well with that 1" minnow body. So a retire was in order and after that chore was complete the fish started coming much more frequently. Heck even the Professor would have been happy with the way the specs were in haling the bait. Yep just a wee downsize on the jig head to match the body made quite the difference.

Those post spawn gills were sure glad to take bite and have to say some of the bigger fish that I have caught at the pit came to hand this day.

While it was a bit of a dilemma going on in my head today the choice was to let all those magnificent gills swim. I want my children and grand kids to enjoy those kind of fish and the only way that's going to happen is for these big boys to yet again spread their genes about the waters. There will be other days with some 8+ inch gills that will feed them all as a reward for their efforts.

Yes it sure was a fun day.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:32am - Jul 9,18 
I knew we'd see a "tail" sooner or later...… all I can say is "WOW"..... :respect

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:39am - Jul 9,18 
:drink Sure do love the reports from the pits... I don't get down to that neck of the woods often... I think a quick call to Mr Any is in order... of course he works way to often if you ask me... :bigyuck ... Wsj.. thanks for the report... those bluegill do run large there...

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:51am - Jul 9,18 
Thank you Bill. That hit the spot. And what a beautiful looking gill that is.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:54pm - Jul 9,18 
Speaking of Gulp, and the lack of live bait. I've found the big 'gills like that half Chartreuse,
half Pearl 1-1/2" size on a mini mite jig head. Cheap price for Gulp at Walmart. Like $3.50
for ten.

Sorry no pics, I fish for my soul, not "soulcial" media.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10pm - Jul 9,18 
Mr. Professor,
You would have been a very welcomed partner for this days search. I did manage about 6 of the speckled fish that will please my family on fish fry day. Would like to learn more about those fish as I just started to become proficient at it, which means I still have a long way to go to go. Learning takes time without the proper teacher to reduce that curve.

Some day when I grow up I would sure enjoy being as good at this sport as you and Mr.Luc have become. In due time............

Support Staff

Post Posted: 10:19pm - Jul 9,18 
I'm thinking we should do a threesome.
We could call it a panfishalooza or we could call it
a panfish-Al-ooza. I could get some of Al from Sue and we could take him strip pit fishing with us and then throw him overboard and when we leave, we just leave him behind out there.
I'll get some of Al and I'll bring the Mohawks along too just to mess with him some.

Give me a date

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:49pm - Jul 10,18 
It would be an honor to give Al a place to enjoy,

Would really enjoy sharing my boat with both of you. Let's start the planing.......

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:27am - Jul 29,18 
Well now the panfishalooza took place and what a perfect day. The weather was perfect and the fish were biting, while not the biggest in the pit, still some good colored ones came to hand to be admired and then sent swimming once again. Was sure enjoyable sharing a boat with Mr.Luc.

Only two things missing from this fine day,
Al............oh well he can join us next time,
That famous Crappie guru himself.....the professor, you missed a good time Jim, maybe you can pick up Al for the next trip to the pits.

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: