Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:44pm - Dec 19,16 
While this December has not been as memorable as last December, it's still been pretty good as I always seem to pull through in colder temps. I got out on the canal on the first of the month and picked up two good sized carp. First one was the biggest at 15.23lbs and the second one was slightly smaller at 11.57lbs. Got out two more times and only picked a a four pounder. I was getting multiple hits a day, but was losing them. The trick was to downsize my hookbait, and I ended up just using a single kernel of artificial corn after that. On the 17th I hit the Des Plaines River. Conditions were terrible: a high of 24 degrees and freezing rain the whole time. By the time I left everything I brought with had a layer of ice on it. But despite that, I had a good day of fishing. Got two right off the bat at around 5lbs, and ended the day with a 13 pounder. That seems like a good enough way to end the year, but I might get out on Saturday for a little bit, just to see if I can squeeze in one last fish before the year ends. On the 26th I'm off to Australia on vacation, so hopefully I'll get to do some saltwater fishing down there.
11.57lbs
15.23lbs
13lbs

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:36pm - Dec 20,16 
Excellent write up Conner. You did indeed end the year right! You caught some hefty fish right up until the end.

You've been a good and enjoyable contributor throughout the year. My hats off to you. Thank you.

Great time of the year to spend some time in Australia. Have a bountiful ocean catch, but I would advise you not to keep any Great Whites over 1500 #'s. That's just too much meat to process and wrap. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:59pm - Dec 20,16 
Wow.......australia for vacation...... Damn! I was stationed there for three and a half months for field training.... Big bad outback.... Great steaks.... At nite u will be able to see more stars than u can believe if u are in the country..... Please post it trip if u can... Thank mike

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: