Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00pm - Jun 27,15 
It's been nearly a good two years since I've been on this website, I haven't fished in a good year and I really miss it. I went out to bass pro today, and finally got to witness the little calumet river and boy is it a beauty. The water was murky because of the weather lately but it still looked like a mean spot to fish in, simply beautiful. I haven't fished there yet for the time has yet to come. I'll probably be fishing at wolf or powderhorn sometime soon. Have any of you guys fished out there yet, and did they extend their lake hours? Please let me know how your progress has been at powderhorn, wolf or the calumet area or in portage as I enjoy reading each an every story the anglers on this website have to offer. Thanks once again!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:57am - Jun 29,15 
We hit powderhorn early in the year and were blanked. we have fished wolf twice this year on the Illinois side and will be moving to Indiana side as we have heard better fishing over there. First time on wolf we were blanked second time which was yesterday she caught a small smallie on a mini mite. wish I could figure this lake out because it's 20 mins from the house.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Jun 29,15 
I fished Powderhorn 3 weeks ago, I feel I did very well. Fished for 3 hrs. managed 4 pike boated and 2 lost before they were netted. 1 @ 27" 4.25 lbs, 1 @ 24" 2.17 lbs, and a 18" & 20" which I did not weigh. Other 2 were in that 16"-18" category. All were caught on spinnerbaits.
I just fished wolf lake yesterday morning from 6-10:30 am and did decent. 1 small 13" smallie, 1 16" 1.75 lb largemouth, a really nice 29" 5.25 lb pike, and 2 10" wipers. All fish were caught on minnow & green jigs.
79mark already gave you some great starting spots on the Indiana side, come on over...Hope this report helps you guys out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:27pm - Jun 29,15 
Wow that sounds good from both you guys! What part of Wolf did you catch the large pike at? I wonder how the Maizo Chanel is doing at this time of the year and if any other people in the community have been out there lately, sometimes I feel like this part of the forums are dead from time to time

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:37pm - Jun 29,15 
Caught the pike on the main body of the lake (Indiana side) near the start of the channel. I was drifting/trolling till I marked bait fish then slowed it down and fished those areas a little slower. There are a ton of people fishing this lake weekly but a lot are tight lipped because there are weekly bass tourneys held. That's why this forum gets quite. Based on my knowledge of this site, if they ain't being talked about there probably being caught! Put the time in on the water and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The lake has a lot to offer. Largemouth, smallie's, pike, walleye, crappie, bluegill, and perch. If you need starting points feel free to pm me, not going to share to much on an open board as I too fish the tourneys from time to time.

Tight lines!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: