Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03pm - Dec 21,14 
This is a double report from Dec 18th and Dec 21st.
On the 18th I got out with my friend, Brian. I started tying my own hair rigs with my own hooks and I will be doing that from now on. Over two days we only lost 1 out of 7 fish. Thursday was quite slow, Brian got the first bite which turned out to be his biggest fish yet, an extremely chunky 14 pounder. I didn't get a bite until after dark. An hour before we left I got a 7 pounder.
Brian's 14 pounder:
My 7 pounder:
Today I got out with Ed and I ended up having quite a good day. Ed on the other hand had a mediocre day (It's about time I caught more fish than him). I got the first two fish of the day, a 5 and 7 pounder respectively. Ed got the next one, a nice 9 pounder (no picture, sorry guys). I got a screaming run and set the hook into a pretty big fish. I brought in a 14 pounder, though we both thought he was going to weigh at least 16 pounds. While we were packing up I got a bite from a 3 pounder, the smallest carp we've caught from the canal so far.
My five pounder:
Seven pounder:
Fourteen pounder:
Three pounder:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:34pm - Dec 21,14 
Nice fish Connor,keep it coming!!!.......Tell us more about your hair rigs and bolies and such as many
of us are unfamiliar with the European methods used to take these wily fish.......Does the cold water
slow their fight at all ? I'm kind of surprised they still are eating, I thought they slowed down in the cold
water like bass do.:gpost

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Dec 22,14 
Johnny Finn wrote:
Nice fish Connor,keep it coming!!!.......Tell us more about your hair rigs and bolies and such as many
of us are unfamiliar with the European methods used to take these wily fish.......Does the cold water
slow their fight at all ? I'm kind of surprised they still are eating, I thought they slowed down in the cold
water like bass do.:gpost

A hair rig is the most widely used rig for carp. The bait isn't on the hook itself, but on the "hair"
The idea is that the fish hooks himself when he tries to spit the bait out.
As for boilies I stay away from them, they don't work nearly as well as corn for me.
The carp still fight pretty hard in the cold weather and feed throughout the winter, I think bass are just sissies.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:27pm - Dec 22,14 
Nice job on slaying them carp! You need to change your name to carp king or something :allah

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:35pm - Dec 22,14 
:gpost Good fishing and thanks for the explanation. 8)~

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: