Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19pm - Dec 1,14 
Ed and I got out fishing yesterday morning on the canal for a few hours. The day started out at a very comfortable temperature of around 50 degrees yet dropped about 10 degrees over the course of our trip. We changed up our chum mix a little bit and added a liquid attractant called "Obsession for Carp." I believe it's a Wacker Baits product so that might be the only place you can get it. I would definitely recommend it to any carpers out there. I got a run within about a half hour of casting out but when I went to set the hook there was nothing there. Ed added the "Obsession for Carp" to his chum mix and got a run within 15 minutes of casting out. It turned out to be a nice 10.5 pounder. I got the next bite and brought in an 11.5 pounder. While I was bringing that one in Ed got a bite. Luckily we bring two nets with us just in case this ever happens. Dealing with two fish at once isn't exactly easy. We successfully got both in, Ed's was 7.5 pounds. Right before we were about to leave I got a screaming run on my rod. I hooked into him and it felt pretty big, easily 15 pounds. Unfortunately he got me wrapped around a rock and popped off.
Ed's 10.5 pounder:
My 11.5 pounder:
Ed's 7.5 pounder:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:08pm - Dec 1,14 
:allah :gpost :gpost :gpost

Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:11am - Dec 2,14 
Those fish are definitely eating well! Keep it up.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:54am - Dec 2,14 
:gpost Good thing you bring two nets along. The way you guys catch them in the winter I'd have to put my money on you in the warm weather Carp fishing tournaments. You have an "Obsession for Carp" in more ways than one. :winker

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: