Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:20pm - Sep 30,14 
Unfortunately, my friends schedule has been funky lately with his new job so we weren't able to get out on the canal. So I did the next best thing and went myself at one of my favorite ponds. It felt nice to get some nice carp on just a ML spinning rod istead of my 12' carp rod. Anyway, I got out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday starded off pretty slow, hooked into a nice one but he swam into a weedbed and got off. Quite awhile later I got another bite. I'm lucky I didn't lose my rod because I had my bail closed and wasn't paying attention. I was able to get him in and he weighed in at 15lbs. This was the biggest carp I caught out of that pond and unfortunately it was too dark to get a picture. Sunday was even slower than Saturday. I got my first fish pretty early in the day. He came in at 12lbs. No more bites after that. About 15 minutes before I left I tied on a stik bait (I always have stik baits on me, no matter what) and got one small bass.
My friend and I were actually able to get out on the canal Monday morning but the carp didn't want to cooperate.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: