Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:09am - Apr 12,03 
Spent friday morning bustin' Bass on my favorite Pond (5 nice fish between 2-3½ lb) Got home to find a message from Ed on the Voice Mail "Wanna go fish the Cal for a while?" a quick phonecall and 20 minutes later we're in route to Howe's Launch in Alsip, a quick run east and we're fishing. Water was really clean for the Cal/Sag until we went around the turn by Acme Steel, we quickly found water temp to be the key to success. Most of the river was 50º -51.5º but with a little searching we found a spot or two that was 54º and holding fish. Ed boated the first fish of the trip, a keeper that just made the cut at just a tad over 14' the next few hours we manage to coax about a dozen more out of the tight to stucture holes they were hiding in. tryed a few different baits & presentions and finally settled in on one that worked best. Sworn to secrecy I'm only allowed to say that the fish had a taste for Italian food yesterday. About 5:00 the air temp dropped and the wind shifted and turned to NE, (Thanks for the sweatshirt Ed!) While we did catch fish I'd have to say it's still a few weeks of warm weather from getting into full swing on the river ( just my humble opinion) I'm headed off to Sturgeon with CBT Pres. Mike Nega for a few days this coming week, looking for Pike & Eye's. Praying for warm weather and no rain when we get there, but will be satisfied to find that the ice is all gone off the bay & the fish are hungry...nice weather or not.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34pm - Apr 12,03 
Hey Bob...Better bring the auger-last week there was still !2" of ice in the bay!!!!!!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: