Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:37pm - Apr 13,03 
Team BS (Bohn/Skwira) spent Sun afternoon on the mighty Cal Sag-Slow start us hitting all the normal spots-nothing....
Got into one area and started to hit em'-12 fish total, 4 keeps!
Most came on plastic fished slow in short water-basses seemed to prefer a little orange on the bait. Pretty barren-no green on trees, no weeds up yet-we are a little behind this year. Warmer water in the river south, also a lot cleaner. This was my first trip on the river this year and I can't complain. I still can't figure out where all the good keepers go in this river system. Non keeps were fat, but 12"-13". Hummmm.......

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12am - Apr 14,03 
Quote:
I still can't figure out where all the good keepers go in this river system

Mike,
I know different rules appy to different bodies of water but...I've been doing pretty darned good on a small local pond burning cranks (shad colored Mini-Rat-L-Traps) thrown parallel to the deep edge coming off of shallow spawning flats, little horny guys are on the flats now, big girls are holding in the deeper water waiting for the love nests to be built. Seems to be a reaction bite, killing whatever swims past them at the speed of light, Of course the water temps are tad warmer that what you and Ed found Saturday, but Bass are Bass, find the little guys now in shallow...back of to the first drop and the big Girls should be somewhere near by! I fished my pond friday morning before Ed & I went out on the Cal and got 5 fish for 12.5 lb fishing this pattern...just my .02 cents

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29am - Apr 14,03 
:lol: TEAM BS Sounds DEEP :shock: and it has a ring to it. Think it will STICK :?: Sure bet's the BAD BOYZ theme. :ouch

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:22am - Apr 15,03 
If team BS fits and you like it, stay with it!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: