Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:56pm - Apr 7,03 
Hi all,

I'm new to the list. Hope everybody is doing well in Chicagoland.

My lawschool is about 3 blocks away from Union Station, and I was just wondering if there was any fishing on the Chicago River up around the bridge on Adams. I was going to school in Ohio for the past four years, and wasn't sure if any fish made it up the river that far.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:10am - Apr 8,03 
MankowOSU, I have alway felt that working the Bridge Pilings that are in place to protect the bridges might produce some bass in summer. It may even produce some now depending on bottom content. You might try using a dropshot rig or a big jig/port trailer around the pilings. Let us know if you do and how it turns out. Also I suspect that a crankbait along the wall this summer may get you some action. Lawyer as Member of Chi-Town Angler. Hey Bob does that mean you guys get free legal advise.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42am - Apr 8,03 
Quote:
Hey Bob does that mean you guys get free legal advise.

All things are negotiable...are they not? Now the BIG QUESTION is: Criminal, Corporate, Divorce...? what flavor silver-tongue we hoping to be when they pass out the sheepskins? I'm sure Chitown could use at least two of the three round here from time to time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:29pm - Apr 8,03 
Thanks for the advice. The "park" along the river is closed right now. I'll have to wait until they take the chains off the stairs so I can get down to the river, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. I have been drawn to the bridge pilings, they looked like they would hold some bass or crappie, I just wasn't sure if there were any fish that far up river. It's good to hear that there might actually be something there.

As for Lawschool...
My BS is in Natural Resources, so I am hoping to put it to some good use and become an environmental lawyer. I've got 2 1/2 years left, so we'll see what happens.

Mike

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: