Author
Search for:
Support Staff

Post Posted: 09:38am - Nov 15,10 
Decided to finally check out the river behind my brother's new condo. Only caught one, but it was a tanker!

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 09:51am - Nov 15,10 
Nice fish & a tanker for sure! Did you get it on light tackle?

Support Staff

Post Posted: 12:32pm - Nov 15,10 
Chas E. wrote:
Nice fish & a tanker for sure! Did you get it on light tackle?

4 lb test and a 10'6" noodle rod!

It's actually a pretty funny story. My Dad, 2 brothers and I were checking out the river, just hoping to tie into something. There were decent amounts of fish surfacing, but we couldn't get anything to go. My dad and 2 brothers went inside to put the new grill together before the game started, but I was stubborn and "like a little kid" (as my dad said) I told them I was staying down there until I caught something. They were only gone for a couple minutes when I had a light hit (on my brother's rod, nonetheless!). I tightened up and swept, and I figured I had wedged into a snag. There was about 10 seconds where nothing moved. Then the thing took off, and I was backreeling for at least a minute straight. I actually held the rod in one hand, using my knuckle to keep the backreel under control, and called my brother's phone with my free hand. Once they made it down, I was still just constantly backreeling. The fish took me so far downriver that it was actually around the next bend. After at least a 10 minute fight, the fish finally got close enough to land. My brother actually took his socks off and was preparing to land the beast "River Monsters" style by wading in, but luckily that wasn't necessary. I've caught Kings that made "faster" runs, but never anything that just kept going like this. After a quick pic we let her go, and went inside to have a couple celebratory beers, watch a great Bear's victory, and then went home and watched another Hawks win. It was a good day!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31pm - Nov 15,10 
Nice ! I think I'm going to bring a rod with next time I visit my brother and sister in River North...

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 07:50pm - Nov 15,10 
LOL, cool story!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Nov 15,10 
Sounds like a Whopper of a Fish Tale to me Tiny! Was that a PB?? :rotflmao

Bet it was a fun experience that you'll never forget.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:22am - Nov 16,10 
FigureEight wrote:
Nice ! I think I'm going to bring a rod with next time I visit my brother and sister in River North...

Yup, gives you more reasons to visit the younger siblings! I was actually impressed with the size of the river by my brother's place, it was much deeper than I would have guessed.
Bubbalouie wrote:
Sounds like a Whopper of a Fish Tale to me Tiny! Was that a PB?? :rotflmao

Bet it was a fun experience that you'll never forget.

It was definately the biggest carp I ever caught, and is probably right up there with biggest fish of any species.

I spent some time yesterday looking up directions for hair rigs and recipes for dough baits and boilies. UH OH!

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 06:28am - Nov 16,10 
That is a hog carp Tiny. Congrats!

Carp fishin' can be a blast...especially when it's steps from your door(or your brother's door).

Do I see a future CTA carp outing in the future?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Nov 16,10 
tinyfisher wrote:
I spent some time yesterday looking up directions for hair rigs and recipes for dough baits and boilies. UH OH!

depending on the area you're fishing. You could use shadraps, tubes, senko's and finesse worms for bass too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04am - Jan 19,11 
Nice DOZER!!!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: