Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - May 6,10 
I took 25 7th and 8th graders from a West Side school over to the Humboldt Park Lagoon on Wednesday. For most of them, it was their first time fishing and they had a blast! Nearly everybody caught a fish (mostly gills and 1 crappie). They were no slabs, but I may have turned several kids on to fishing. Some of them told me that they were going to ask their dads to bring them to the HP lagoon this Saturday. I even saw an ex-student there. I told him he should be in school, but I can't blame him for wanting to be out there fishing. I met some of the regulars who fish there and saw some pics of nice Bass they had caught in that lagoon. It really is a nice urban fishery, especially for beginners.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:35am - May 6,10 
ive you decide to do this again and need help i would volunter ive been wanting to try to get some volunter work with the youth and outdoors,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:39am - May 6,10 
I'll be doing it again in September and I'll definitely post it and let you know. It would be great to have some help from someone with angling skills. One other teacher and I fish, but most of the chaperones do not. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:50am - May 6,10 
i would love to help gets he out of Utilitys and outside for the day, win win

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 09:39pm - May 6,10 
I too would be interested if volunteers are needed.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45am - May 7,10 
Ive talked to a few of my Marines who fish and the command said that if were volunteering then they would let three or four of us go, just need a week in advance, great thing about the outdoors is its considered PE and were all about PT (Physical Trainning)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - May 7,10 
That would be great if we could get several people who know about fishing to help the kids out. I'll set up the trip for mid- to late-September and I'll post it her with my contact information. I can write a letter with all of the details on school letterhead to show your command. Thanks again. By the way, my brother has an organization that sends care packages to troops overseas. I help with collections some times adn we could send some stuff to a unit in Iraq or Afghanistan if you know somebody over there. The website is http://soldiersrus.org/

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 02:06pm - May 7,10 
MoGunner wrote:
That would be great if we could get several people who know about fishing to help the kids out. I'll set up the trip for mid- to late-September and I'll post it her with my contact information. I can write a letter with all of the details on school letterhead to show your command. Thanks again. By the way, my brother has an organization that sends care packages to troops overseas. I help with collections some times adn we could send some stuff to a unit in Iraq or Afghanistan if you know somebody over there. The website is http://soldiersrus.org/

I have sent care packages for five years. The site that I use to get troop names is no longer. Thank you for info on new site.

I will post later and let's see if we can get some Chitowners on board also.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:05pm - May 7,10 
ill Will get you guys names and address's, My unit that i just left in North Carolina to come to Great lakes will be deploying soon i do believe, Afganistan they are abound, most of them this is the first deployment without me, but i trained them good, ill post the info as soon as they get there address

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:47pm - May 8,10 
That sounds really good. I'll let my brother know and we'll see what we can do to send those guys some stuff.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: