Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:23am - Mar 30,10 
Ok, anybody know what's up with the boat launch on the Indiana side?? It's all under construction over there and there appears to be NOWHERE to launch? I mean, is Hammond that stupid or is there somehwere else we can launch?

:cuss

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49am - Apr 2,10 
I talked to the guard John,Who used to be in the little shack upon entry to the launch.He assured me that it WAS going to be opened this spring sometime.I went over there tuesday and the piers are not out and the ramp is actually blocked off. So at this time I'am not sure when this is going to happen! I'm getting the itch though.There is a make shift ramp at the far north end of the channel where guys with smaller boats are putting in.However the launch is pretty bad(lot of rocks and divits) so I would use caution!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:42pm - Apr 2,10 
They put in a temp launch in the old bulkmatic property just south of the normal launch where the construction is. Also the normal launch will be open for use on the weekends but you have to park in the bulkmatic property.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:31pm - Apr 2,10 
Thanks for the info. guys, good to hear! I was wondering what they were doing on the bulkmatic property. You won't be able to use the regular ramp until they put the piers in though. I am not dragging my new boat on the rocks, LOL :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45am - Apr 22,15 
Any word if the launch is open or is it still closed. I've never been there and was wondering if can you access the Indiana side from the Illinois side and I've read many different things concerning motor size I've seen 10hp all the way to no limit.....what is the current limit. Thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:16am - Apr 22,15 
Mark V not sure if the launch is open I'll stop by this evening and post. Onto the other question you had, you can not enter Indiana side from Illinois as there is no way to launch in the Illinois basin that would access Indiana water. But however you can fish a small portion of Illinois water next to the toll road if you launch from the Indiana side. Now as far as motor size you can have any hp motor but there is a strict 10 mph speed limit, that believe it or not is enforced. I fish this lake regularly maybe I'll see you on the water (green 14 ft Lowe) till then tight lines. Hope I helped answer all your questions.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19am - Apr 22,15 
it's actually matt v(profile name is in reference to my other hobby....a 79 Lincoln mark v) thanks for the info I appreciate it. Not sure when we will be out there.....maybe next weekend. Still have a few things to do to the boat. My girlfriend is my main fishing partner and she is finishing up a bachelors degree so it's tough for both of us to be working on the boat. We will be in a blue 14ft tri hull probably with just a trolling motor for now but looking at a 15hp. Thanks Again. Matt

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:51pm - Apr 22,15 
Launch is open, see ya on the water!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: