Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:02pm - Nov 16,09 
been fishing wolf lake in november for 10-12 years with great success till this year so far this year i have 1 3lb eye and 1 2.2lb LM usually they have on the feed bag already for winter anyone seeing this in other lakes

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:46pm - Nov 16,09 
out at ccfp lake sunday looking for crappie only got 4 but LM bass were biting real good nothing of good size[12-15in.]got about 8-9 all hitting large minnows under slip floats. dgi

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48pm - Dec 5,09 
is the boat launch on the indiana side open?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:53pm - Dec 6,09 
I grew up in South Chicago and fished Wolf Lake before it was cut in half by the Skyway and my older brothers and uncles fished it when there were no roads leading toward the lake. The biggest pike I had ever seen came from the Wolf. A guy caught it on a golden roach and it had to be at least 3-1/2 feet long. My older brother caught a dog fish that bent his hook straight. I am glad to hear that it is still giving fishermen good times. Entering the main road and heading to the left, the shore became reedy and we took some large blue gills there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:00pm - Dec 11,09 
Wolf Lake has been over fished the past couple of years. Too many people taking fish. For example in the summer, there are always people sittin' on their buckets catchin' fingerling catfish, bluegill, and bass all day and keeping them. To add to that, they take the Big fish too. Although people still catch fish, but it's becoming more difficult due to the fact that the fish are becoming pressured so much.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: