Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:27pm - May 14,09 
Got out this morning since my hours got cut at work. Launched about 10 am, being my only second fishing the lake i was unsure on what to expect. I was marking fish everywhere, but only managed to pull out one large mouth which my buddy ended up catching. All in all it was a great day and the weather was really nice. If i ever figure out to get a picture off my cell phone ill post it. My digital just decided to not work today. Hoping to go out about tomorrow morning. does anyone hear fish cedar lake often? I know on most days its hard to fish with the boat traffic but there were about 4 other boats fishing today.

booper9

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 03:36am - May 15,09 
Fish the bottle neck point on the east side, nice drop off there, and get ready for some striped bass action in that area. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:32pm - May 15,09 
you show him wsj. these young kids think they a jimmy houston or roland martin...........he couldnt catch a cold in the winter...........

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - May 18,09 
I have a Cedar Lake report from Sunday the 17th if I may. Plus a little soap box issue I’d like to talk about.

First the report. The wipers are going through the motions of spawning right now so shoreline catches with live bait should be good. The open water bite seemed to slow down. I don’t know if this is due to the drop in water temps or due to fish leaving the shad schools to spawn or both. I did get two wipers a 22 inch and an eighteen inch. Not a good day compared to others I’ve had out there. While trailoring my boat I did see a good channel cat bite from shore and I even caught one while trolling. This will be my last Cedar trip for 09 until the duck blinds come back out. ( Pleasure boat issue )

Now for my chance on the soap box if I may. I am looking at a catch report summary of cedar lake conducted by the DNR. Nowhere does the report list white bass on it. The little striped fish didn’t start showing up until after the hybrids where stocked. Cedar lake is a 100% hybrid fishery. Every year the DNR stocks 7,800 1.5” fry. These fish are easy targets to live bait presentations and many think they are simply white bass. But I assure you they are hybrids.

I know the law states you can keep quite a few of these little guys But I implore you to release as many as you can. Before everyone starts to slam me. I’m not saying you can’t keep them for the table. All I am saying is just like the catch and release ethics of Muskie fishing has really helped the fishery so can it be for cedar lakes wipers. Anyways do what you feel is rite but I will say in a few years with a little help Cedar lake has the potential to be a world class wiper fishery. I’ll get off my soap box now.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by cichlidfinder on 06:07pm - May 18,09, edited 2 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:15pm - May 18,09 
i understand what you are saying, but i don't no if i would eat fish out of cedar lake, but i do enjoy hanging out on a nice saturday afternoon there since its close to home. pleasure boat or fishing boat.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: