Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:54am - Nov 13,03 
Fishermen,
A buddy and I go out Tuesday morning to Lake Cal. As we approach the lock, a boat is coming out and the gate is shutting. Great, 10 minutes late. Anyways, we sit out there for @20 minutes. The lock operator had to of seen us right? I decide we better go push the button just in case. My buddy didn't know he had to push it twice so he only pushes it once. After another 10 minutes, I go back and push it twice. Immediately the gate opens and no boats come out. I was kind of perturbed by this but I figured why get mad, you're going fishing. So the gates open and I proceed to idle in. Big mistake on my part. I guess I did not wait until the the green light changed. I was in a hurry, BSing about fishing, and not paying attention to what was going on. However, I have locked through 20+ times and have observed how other people go through and I did what most everyone does. My buddy said he does the same thing I did. But anyways big deal right?. What is the harm? Let me know. Tell me to wait until it turns. I'll say I goofed and its over. Right? No. This guy questioned me like I was a 10 year old child. "What color was the light?" "And what did you do?" "What are you supposed to do?" So on and so on. You give a guy a tad bit of authority and he acts like he has to save the world. I am not contesting that I was little in the wrong but this guy was acting like I committed a felony or something. What an @#$! That's my story. Take Care. Paul

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Nov 13,03 
Sorry to hear of the arse you had to deal with.

But besides that, what/how did you do fishing?

Murph

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:22pm - Nov 13,03 
Murph,
Fishing was tough. The water temp was 47-49 degrees and the clarity was stained in Lake Cal and muddier back in the river. We were out for @ 4 hours. My buddy caught two dink smallies on a rip-rap shoreline in Lake Cal on a white finesse jig and I got the big skunk. I only had one pick-up on a C-rig and that bass immediately dropped the bait before I could set the hook. We hit all our best spots where we've had success in the past but the results were not there.
By the way, the guy at Riverside said the launch is $150 per year. Am I the only who thinks that is high for that crappy launch and poor parking lot? Paul

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:51pm - Nov 13,03 
pswitzer wrote:
By the way, the guy at Riverside said the launch is $150 per year. Am I the only who thinks that is high for that crappy launch and poor parking lot? Paul

Wow, that does seem a bit steep.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:08pm - Nov 13,03 
it's $20.00 cheaper than a Chgo Park Dist. seasonal launch

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:03pm - Feb 13,04 
the launch ramp in alsip was 50 last year and worth is a mile west was about the same price. You know with all the kickbacks in chicago they cant afford to fix the lousy ramps at 95th street even with the 150 they want. the people in chicago that price the ramps must figure folks that trailer their boats are rich. they are crazy. :x :x :x

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: