Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:10pm - Jun 30,08 
Was thinking about heading to the Sag and see if me and my bro could catch anything, anyone have any suggestions as far as tackle or locations??? we're lookin to catch bass, northern, and i heard they stock rainbows in there too??

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10am - Jul 1,08 
I would fish Sag Quarry East. It's the one on the right when you enter the parking lot.
The water is pretty clear and it gets alot of pressure. If you want to catch multiple fish use light line and live bait.
For the bass, use about a #6 light wire hook and a live night crawler hooked once through the head(bring a bunch, they will get stollen by gills). If any weight is needed, just use a small split shot. Cast to likely looking areas and just let it sit. Watch the line.If no hit, then twitch it a few feet and let it sit again. Since it's an old quarry, bass will hold tight to the shoreline so do a lot of parallel casting. Don't be surprised if you hook into a big channel cat!
If you really want to use artificials, I would stick to small soft plastics and small cranks in bluegill patterns. You may also want to try fishing rats over the slop areas.
There aren't any pike on the East side....maybe some small pikeral. Your chances of catching a trout this time of year is very slim. You have to go right after they stock them.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:24pm - Jul 3,08 
well im a bit new to the immediate area and couldnt find the quarry, but i did fish the saganashkee slough for a bit, caught a bluegill and 12 stripers all real small, it was fun tho. in the meantime i currently dont have my own means of transportation, was wondering if theres any waters around here that actually contain decent bass or other larger game fish. im originally from the NW suburbs and now im in the SW. would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:04pm - Jul 10,08 
Sag is a great spot,,,, Snakes everywhere though BEWARE

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28am - May 18,09 
what kind of snakes?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:27pm - May 18,09 
mostly old water snakes and gardners. Nothing to be worried about. Nothing like in Western Kentucky, I once had a 6ft Cotton Mouth try to get in the boat with me. :shock:

Now that was a big MOMMA!

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: