Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:37pm - May 26,03 
got out tonight on the sag in alsip with murph and my buddy, howie, from about 6:30 until 9:15. murph was slaying some small, but chubby blue gills. he also had a small perch and a chub. howie pulled in some small gills, too. i caught 4 bullhead, biggest being probably a lash over a pound, as well as a perch. all were caught on corn and crawlers. presentation included no bobbers...slow retrieval (except on the bullheads) with a split shot or two on each line. the bullhead pole had three split shots about a foot above the hook and was cast out about 50 feet from shore. boat traffic was high, water temp was somewhat cooler than expected (no temp data), current wasn't too bad, temp was winds were fair. the spot wasn't exactly amazing, but it was a far better time than hitting ponds that aren't hungry. i'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

matt

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - May 27,03 

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:37pm - May 27,03 
Ok
So the gills were far from being large, but at an average size of 5 inches, they were THE FATEST gills I have seen in a long time. They fought like champions, and were deserving of something other than my M action rod. :roll: I think a cheap ultra light is in order. Cheap meaning a combo for around 30 bucks. Nothing serious...just to get me through my doodling urges......

Murph

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: