Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:51am - Jan 6,11 
Well we're making our way through the mid-winter doldrums, awaiting sport show season and preparing for open water again. So.....what's everyone up to? Any new gear you're looking at? Any questions before the season starts?

Just curious.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:57am - Jan 6,11 
pmjasper wrote:
So.....what's everyone up to?

ICE FISHIN'

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:00am - Jan 6,11 
Hey fella- a lot of fellas hit the ice this time of the year- great sport. You can even tie flies to use for ice fishing. Give it a shot. :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you're pretty well stocked with flies and knowledge for next season. Have to admit that I really enjoy the open water for fishing- but the older you get..... you don't want the seasons to come too fast. :noway

Best wishes Phil,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17am - Jan 6,11 
Now that Deer Season is over, starting on the Hard Water, checking the boat once a week and trying to figure out how I can afford a bigger one.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:20am - Jan 6,11 
I want the cold to go away! Just sent in my check for Chicago harbors to have my boat parked downtown again. Also have submitted paperwork to be transfered to belmont harbor.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 10:13am - Jan 6,11 
What? If I have a free day I'm going fishing. I was going to go last weekend but it was to windy. Next calm day with little wind I will be fishing. Just have to push some ice around.

HTR

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:28am - Jan 6,11 
I hear ya guys. I've been tempted to check out Lake Geneva and try .....yes, for lake trout of all things. Each weekend I say I'll take a look I end up sleeping late, watching football and tying a few flies.

I have a few more things I need to pick up before the season, but I'm dying to get out there and fish the open water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:30pm - Jan 6,11 
Been collecting X-mas trees to sink in my favorite ponds. Been tying new color combos of flys, looking for the next BIG COHO KILLER!!!
Recycling fishing and garden catalogs that are flowing in daily. Driving the wife nuts!
cdx

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:44pm - Jan 6,11 
Learning more about trolling buying more gear and working my butt off both at my regular job and the sides

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 03:39pm - Jan 12,11 
Took an extended Thanksgiving road trip with husband and dogs to New Mexico for 16 days, came home and had a nice birthday with husband and dogs, jumped in the lake on New Years Day, then cooked a prime rib dinner! We've totally been taking it easy this entire winter season and hope to have more free personal time this summer. Me personally? I'm tired of bustin' my butt as hard as I have been in this store, so it's time to get a little selfish! Is it wrong???

Lori & Augie
The Salmon Stop, Inc.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:08pm - Jan 12,11 
Nah, we all need to reevaluate what's important in our lives.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and it's been an ongoing struggle for the both of us, but her mostly. My brother-in-law also pasted away this past year from cancer that came as a surprise and took him in 7 months.

We all need to make a living, run errands, do chores, etc. but don't forget to take time with your loved ones and remember what really is important. Nothing wrong with taking a little time for yourself.

Best wishes to all.

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 03:26pm - Jan 13,11 
pmjasper,
Very well said, and health issues with someone very close to me is my reason for my change in pace and attitude.
I've been thru the cancer ordeal with a loved one, the chemo, radiation, the whole nine yards, so I know what you're talking about. My prayers are with you and your family.

Lori & Augie
The Salmon Stop, Inc.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:26pm - Jan 13,11 
Thank you and best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Jan 19,11 
Designed new brochures as well as some shirts, hats, and hoodies. All that has been a lot of fun.

Always thinking and writing down new ideas for the upcoming season but also about what we learned during the previous.

Tying some coho flies and plan to gear that up more in the next few days. I envision my spring spreads to be 2/3 - 3/4 my own stuff.

I'm headed to Jackson Hole, WY for the month of Feb. Mostly skiing but some snowshoeing as well. I was there for 10 days last year and wasn't not long enough. Since winter is considered their offseason (they get lots of Yellowstone traffic in the summer), there are some really good deals there in the winter to do an extended trip like this.

When I return on March 1st, it will be time to start cranking things up for an early April launch. Can't wait and I really enjoy that part of it.

Capt Rick

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: